Dr Vinod K. Gandotra, MBBS, MD
Synopsis:Medical professional with vast experience of quality academic, administrative and organizational work in different settings spanning five decades. An innovative mind for scientific research and social work.Imbued with deep professionalism and humane approach.
Rendered rural service with sincerity and devotion after medical graduation before acquiring postgraduate degree in Community Medicine from All India Institute of Medical Sciences Delhi. Served in Government Medical College Jammu where his contributions to academic, service and research were duly recognized. Continued professorial assignment with another teaching institute where his administrative acumen and organizational capability besides brilliant academics were fully appreciated with additional responsibilities. Simultaneously did significant social work in collaboration with renowned NGOs.
- Professor and Head of Department Community Medicine
- Director Principal and Advisor Medical College
- Director Project on Disability undertaken by a NGO, sponsored by UNICEF
- Contribution to research and social work under aegis of prestigious Governmental and Nongovernmental (including International organizations) in various capacities.
- Life membership of professional bodies
- Office bearer/member of NGOs active in social service
- Research publications in reputed medical journals
- Special interest: Family Medicine and Genetic counseling.
- Presently Consultant Global Stem Cell Organization with the purpose of facilitating treatment and management of ailments like Diabetes, osteoarthritis,cancer, COPD, and others.